For more than 75 years, Purdue Musical Organizations (PMO) has proudly served the Purdue University family as ambassadors of goodwill on campus, across the country and around the world.
PMO is Purdue’s vocal music department and offers six choral ensembles and one handbell choir including the Purdue Varsity Glee Club, Purduettes, Purdue Bells, University Choir, Heart & Soul, All Campus & Community Chorale, PMO Specialties and the PMO Kids Choir. Many marvel that Purdue provides so much in the field of musical entertainment, as the University has no school of music.
Our students form life-long friendships while performing more than 100 shows each year including the Purdue Christmas Show, which is presented annually to a live crowd of thousands and reaches millions more through broadcasts on public television and radio networks.
Beyond the music, PMO teaches life lessons not always covered in the classroom and becomes a home away from home for the students who give so generously of their time and their talents. PMO maintains high academic standards, provides students with once-in-a-lifetime travel opportunities and offers more than $210,000 in scholarships each year.
Since its founding in 1933, PMO strives to provide the highest quality musical entertainment for audiences. However, our most important goal is to provide a program for students to learn, perform and grow together.
Purdue Musical Organizations is a department within Purdue University's Division of Student Affairs.
"Purdue Musical Organizations provides an environment for students to learn, perform and grow together while entertaining audiences everywhere."
As a part of our mission, our vision, in the service of students, will:
- Provide opportunities for personal and artistic development.
- Promote continuous improvement and a commitment to scholarship, student life, diversity, performance opportunities and relationship building.
- Be an advocate for the arts at Purdue University.
- Continue to build community partnerships through service and a commitment to others.
- Create a solid financial structure that will ensure PMO’s success for the future.
- Create engagement opportunities for students which will positively promote Purdue University on a global platform.
- Create an environment with our new facility that will invite students and community members to campus to share their love of music.