Phone: (765) 494-9494
Purdue West Shopping Plaza
1404 W. State Street
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2092
Phone: (765) 743-3442
Terminal Building, Room 201
1501 Aviation Drive
West Lafayette, IN 47907
Car/Van Rental: 765-494-2114
Charter Bus: 765-494-6550
After Hours: 800-213-3626
Physical Facilities Service
775 Ahlers Drive
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2013
Public Fleet Sale
- Dates and times will be determined for each sale.
- Vehicles will be parked at 694 South Russell St., West Lafayette.
- Each "FOR SALE" vehicle will be identified with vehicle number corresponding to the bid form. Bid forms will provide detailed information such as mileage; year, model, make and Kelly Blue Book published retail values.
- Vehicles may be started and put in gear, but may not be driven prior to the bidding. Successful bidders, with a valid driver's license, may test drive a vehicle before completing the sale transaction.
- Individuals may pick up bid forms at the Transportation Service Office or use a copy of one found at www.purdue.edu/pat
- Individuals may bid on more than one vehicle, but can make only one bid per vehicle per household. Bids submitted in person to the Transportation Service office (during normal office hours) must be in a sealed envelope with the bid vehicle number indicated on the outside of the envelope. The envelope will be date and time stamped at the Transportation Service Office.
- Bids may also be faxed to Transportation Service at (765) 496-1374. Transportation Service staff will place the bid in an envelope and mark it appropriately.
- Bids must be received by the date and time announced.
- The date and time stamp on the envelope or fax will serve as a tiebreaker if two or more individuals submit identical bids for the same vehicle.
- Successful bidders will be contacted and will have 48 hours to complete the sale.
- Purdue University reserves the right to reject any and all bids.
- All bids must be in whole dollar amounts.
Completing the Sale
- Vehicles are being sold "as is" & "where is." There are no written, verbal, expressed or implied warranties.
- Full payment to Purdue University , must be by money order or bank draft.
No personal checks or cash will be accepted. The University will not collect sales tax. Purchaser will pay Indiana Sales Tax at the Bureau of Motor Vehicles.
- The purchaser will complete a Terms and Conditions of Sale Form (see sample, PDF), which will serve as a receipt, at the time of payment and will receive the title for the vehicle.
- Vehicles will not be plated. Title work should be taken to the BMV to obtain plates.
- All sales are final.