Indianapolis Airport One-Ways
Transportation Service, in cooperation with Budget Rent-a-Car at the Purdue University Airport, offers a one-way vehicle service to the Indianapolis Airport. When using this service, there are two options:
- Pick up a vehicle at the Purdue University Airport. Drive to the Indianapolis Airport and turn in the vehicle at the Indianapolis Airport Budget Terminal.
- Arrive at the Indianapolis Airport. Go to the Budget Terminal and pick up a car. Drive the vehicle to the Purdue University Airport. Return the vehicle to the Budget Building at the Purdue University Airport.
Travel using the Indianapolis Airport One-Way service is subject to a four hour and 75 mile limit. Travel is authorized to and from the Indianapolis Airport only.
Call Transportation Service at 494-2114 to schedule a one-way once you have gathered the following information:
- Driver Name
- Flight Date and Time (If using the service to and from, have both trips' information)
- Airline and Flight Number
- Pick Up Date and Time (From the Purdue University Airport or Indianapolis Airport)
- Driver's Department
- Caller's Name
- Phone Number for Confirmation and Questions
- Fax Number for Faxed Confirmation Page
- Department Fund/RIO or Cost Center/SIOs or Business Partner number for billing purposes
After the reservation has been made, Transportation Service will send you a fax with confirmation numbers on it to take to Budget Rent-a-Car.
Send one Form 1 for each leg of the trip (both ways equal two Form 1s). Both forms are required to have original signatures from the department and the driver. Transportation Service needs original Form 1 by the date of the trip.
- All persons who will operate a Vehicle on University business or for any other University purpose must meet the Qualification Requirements and Procedures Application to all drivers as outlined in section 1.1 in the Vehicle Use Policy.
- Vehicle Use Policy (PDF)
The Form 1 requires a driver's certification. By signing for the vehicle and noting the state and expiration of the operator's license, the driver certifies:
- Possession of a valid United States or Canadian driver's license.
- Only approved drivers, who meet all requirements, are authorized to drive the vehicle.
- The vehicle will be used only for approved university business.
- The vehicle will be driven in accordance with state and local laws and regulations, and in a courteous manner that represents Purdue University.