Content updates in process due to organizational changes
Welcome to the Campus Planning website. All functions previously addressed by the Physical and Capital Planning unit have been incorporated into the Physical Facilities organization, including the oversight of all activities associated with planning, financing and gaining approval for the construction of new facilities and the Repair and Rehabilitation program. In the coming weeks, the Campus Planning website will be reformatted. The structure and appearance of the information will be adjusted to reflect the updated organizational structure of the unit.
Campus Master Planning staff facilitates physical planning for the West Lafayette and regional campuses and oversees site/site-systems related design standards. In addition, the campus planning staff:
- Develops conceptual designs and conceptual cost estimates for all site/site-systems related projects on the West Lafayette campus.
- Encourages and support the use of best management practices for site/site-systems designs.
- Reviews all internally and externally designed projects to ensure consistency with established site/site-systems design standards.
- Provides planning support for projects submitted to the Capital Projects Council for review.
- Facilitates all land surveying projects.
- Facilitates the campus master planning process which includes:
- Recommending sites and or site options for new buildings on all campuses
- Assuring that all proposed building sites, exterior spaces and site features are consistent with the Campus Master Plan
- Maintaining and updating the West Lafayette Campus Master Plan
- Assisting the regional campuses with master planning efforts and updates
- Facilitating and collaborating with the West Lafayette Campus Master Planning Committee
- Maintaining and updating the Campus Master Plan Presentation and sharing it with the campus community
The West Lafayette Campus Master Plan Principles:
- Promote compact growth within the existing campus
- Establish State Street as a collaborative district
- Create program synergies through strong mixed-use districts
- Encourage a simple integrated transportation system with a perimeter parkway
- Preserve the western lands
Regional Campus Master Plans
These Purdue University Master Plan maps are only to be used as planning tools. They depict only one set of possibilities with everything subject to change.
All files are in PDF format. You can download the Reader free from Adobe's web site. The PDF files are large. Please be patient as they download.
Purdue University Calumet Ten-Year Capital Plan
Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne Master Plan
Purdue University North Central Campus Master Plan
Historic Campus Master Plans