Content updates in process due to organizational changes
Welcome to the Campus Planning website. All functions previously addressed by the Physical and Capital Planning unit have been incorporated into the Physical Facilities organization, including the oversight of all activities associated with planning, financing and gaining approval for the construction of new facilities and the Repair and Rehilitation program. In the coming weeks, the Campus Planning website will be reformatted. The structure and appearance of the information will be adjusted to reflect the updated organizational structure of the unit.
Responsible for identifying resources and funding plans for capital projects and ensuring all capital projects receive the proper internal and external approvals based on the Purdue bylaws and the statutes of the State of Indiana.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Primary liaison between university and regional campus staff on physical and capital projects with the Indiana Commission for Higher Education and the State Budget Agency for Capital Project Approvals.
- Responsible for strategy development for the Campus Planning process related to their progress through the Capital Coordinating Committee, Capital Projects Council, Board of Trustees and State processes.
- Work with Deans, Vice Presidents, Directors and Department Heads to identify and prioritize resources to support capital projects.
- Coordinates the biennial process to develop the legislative capital request, including the ten-year capital plan.
- Manages the University's $15 million internal loan program. Negotiate individual loan terms and conditions with the Deans and Vice Presidents.
- Work with the Physical Facilities Business Office, Accounting Services, Advancement and other departmental staff on the preparation of cash flow analyses needed to develop the funding plan for capital projects.