All functions previously addressed by the Physical and Capital Planning unit have been incorporated into the Physical Facilities organization. In the coming weeks, this website will be decommissioned, and the information contained here will be integrated into the Energy and Construction website. The structure and appearance of the information will be adapted to fit within the existing Energy and Construction website and to reflect the updated organizational structure of the unit.
Responsible for identifying resources and funding plans for capital projects and ensuring all capital projects receive the proper internal and external approvals based on the Purdue bylaws and the statutes of the State of Indiana.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Primary liaison between university and regional campus staff on physical and capital projects with the Indiana Commission for Higher Education and the State Budget Agency for Capital Project Approvals.
- Responsible for strategy development for the capital planning process related to their progress through the Capital Coordinating Committee, Capital Projects Council, Board of Trustees and State processes.
- Work with Deans, Vice Presidents, Directors and Department Heads to identify and prioritize resources to support capital projects.
- Coordinates the biennial process to develop the legislative capital request, including the ten-year capital plan.
- Manages the University's $15 million internal loan program. Negotiate individual loan terms and conditions with the Deans and Vice Presidents.
- Work with the Physical Facilities Business Office, Accounting Services, Advancement and other departmental staff on the preparation of cash flow analyses needed to develop the funding plan for capital projects.