Electric Go-Kart Summer Camp
The camp will provide students with a background of electric vehicles and the technology associated with them. Each student will drive the go-kart 2 times - during a practice run and during the 25-mile endurance test. Students will form teams of 4 and each team will be mentored by a current Purdue student. The mentor will help each team develop an understanding of vehicle basics and a strategy for power management. On the Thursday and Friday, students will be in the classroom from 9:00 a.m. unitl 4:00 p.m. working on the go-kart and learning more about electric vehicles. The classes will be located in the Purdue Technology Building on the IUSB campus. Lunch is provided for students. The address for the Purdue Technology Building is 1733 Northside Blvd. South Bend, IN 46615. On the following Sunday, students will go to a local tack and complete the 25-mile endurance test.
- Shanna Frische-Mouri
- 1733 Northside Blvd,South Bend, IN 46615
- Activity Types
- Summer camp
- Campus Host
- Purdue College of Technology, South Bend
- Target Audience
- Grades 11-12
- Time(s) Available
- Session 1: June 13, 14, 16 Session 2: June 20, 21, 23 Session 3: June 27, 28, 30 Session 4: July 11, 12, 14
- Thursday and Friday and following Sunday
- 175.00 - registration fee that will be paid by credit card online. Visit the website below to register.
- Registration Required?
- Purdue College of Technology, South Bend; General Motors
Back to Search