Desktop Readiness is responsible for communicating changes and configuration requirements for OnePurdue's enterprise desktop software to Purdue's distributed IT staff. Working with central administrators and business process owners who test and approve software updates, desktop readiness provides product coordination and support for packaging, testing, and installation instructions.
Designed to assist distributed IT with locating the wide range of information required to assist their users, these pages provide links to resources used frequently by Purdue's IT staff.
Common links may be found on the menu at the right. A more complete list of links, including such items as SAP GUI and Banner error messages and helpful mailing lists, may be found at:
If there is a Purdue IT support related link utilized frequently by you which does not appear on the Useful Links page, please let us know so it may be added.
Security flaws discovered in new Microsoft Outlook mobile app: read more
Propery Accounting Forms Moving Online: read more
Keeping social media accounts and cloud-stored files secure: read more
Mobile devices are convenient, exposing your data on a lost or stolen device isn't: read more
Classroom technology tips for instructors can help speed time to teaching: read more
IT Operational Oversight Committee website: read more
Downloading Enterprise Desktop Software
The Enterprise Software Download site is intended for use by IT Support Staff at Purdue University for business use only.The following software is available on the Enterprise Software Download site:
- Ariba Active X plug-in
- Blackboard Drive
- Browser configuration notes
- Banner Document Manager (BDM -EMC Xtender)
- Java version notes
- Lync Client
- Office 2007/2010 BPS annual budget
- Oracle Client
- PageCenter IE Print Plug-in
- PL\SQL Developer
- SAS/Share ODBC 8.0 (used by both SASShare and Budget data users)
To access this site, you must be previously authorized. A list of IT Support staff with access may be found here. To obtain authorization to access the Enterprise Software Download site, please contact ITaP's Customer Service Center at 49-44000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: The following criteria must be met before access will be granted:
- There must be a business need for the employee to have access.
- The employee must have a regular staff appointment at Purdue University.
(No students will be granted access for any reason).
- The employee's title in the Purdue Directory must indicate an IT position relating to desktop support.
- Access to the Enterprise Software Download site is limited to five employees per department\computing zone.
Once authorized, you may login using your Purdue Career Account and password.