What is change management?
Change management is a deliberate process that helps organizations succeed in making big changes like that which OnePurdue represents. A good program builds a system in which people get the support they need so they are ready and able to embrace the new ways of doing business.
What will change management do for me?
It will help you, your supervisors, and everyone throughout the Purdue system adjust to the OnePurdue change.
OnePurdue has adopted the Prosci ADKAR method of change management. Employees who go through a change with the help of the Prosci method are:
- More aware of what's changing and the all-important why of the change.
- More interested in participating in the change in order to achieve the objectives of the change.
- More knowledgeable about the change.
- More skilled in the new ways of doing business that the change is bringing.
- More comfortable with the change because they have the support of supervisors who provide positive feedback throughout the change.
The ADKAR change management model was first published in the 1998 book The Perfect Change by Jeff Hiatt, founder and CEO of Prosci Research. Since then, ADKAR has become one of the most popular models for successful change with large organizations.
The term “ADKAR” stands for the five stages individuals should go through when making a change:
- Awareness of the need to change
- Desire to participate in and support the change
- Knowledge about how to change
- Ability to implement new skills and behaviors
- Reinforcement to keep the change in place
Purdue University is providing employees access to Prosci's toolkit and extensive change management library.
To obtain access credentials, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org from your Purdue e-mail account. You will be e-mailed a username, password, and PIN number within one business day. (Note: Account information will not be sent to non-Purdue e-mail addresses.)