JV Upload Sizing Guidelines
The JV upload tool lets you batch load transactions using a text (“.txt”) file. The backend software program then accepts your text file via the Web, queues it up for processing, and coordinates the return files.
We currently have the system tuned to process scheduled loads in excess of 60,000 transactions in order to prevent the system from failing. The vast majority of the batch uploads are less than 2,000 transactions, and they speed through quite efficiently.
There are two options for uploading text files:
- Use the upload template
- An Excel spreadsheet preconfigured to produce a properly formatted text file for the upload process
- Each usable row contains several columns of formulas for outputting the text file
- Limited to 5,000 transactions in order to make the template manageable
- Create a program on the source system to generate the text file directly
- No minimum or maximum line limit
- Useful when the same process is scheduled and repeated