Student reporting in Banner uses an operational data store (ODS), which extracts information from Banner administrative systems, organizes it into a simplified format, and stores the information in the ODS database where users can create and deploy operational and ad hoc reports.
The ODS provides an extensive, flexible data store and business organized reporting views with improved performance. It refreshes nightly.
Note: All Banner documentation and business concept diagrams are proprietary and should not be copied or distributed outside of Purdue University.
- ODS Metadata (A valid Purdue Career Account is required to view this page.)
Student Reporting Resources
Operational Data Stores
- ODS Architecture (PDF)
- ODS Handbook (PDF) (A valid Purdue Career Account is required to view this document.)
- What's New in Cognos 8.4 (PDF)
- Cognos Consumer Manual (PDF)
- Tool Tips
- Creating Multiple Query Reports (PDF)
- Cognos Summarization Tips (PDF)
- Cognos/ODS Translation Guide (PDF)
- Copying Cognos reports from the Cognos QA server to the Cognos production server (PDF)
- Using LOV tables in report prompts (PDF)
- How to renew Cognos credentials (PDF)
- How to schedule Cognos reports to email (PDF)
- How to create and import Cognos XML files (PDF)
- How to schedule a Cognos report to run automatically (PDF)
- How to access previous versions of saved output in Cognos 10 (PDF)