Jump to main page content
Purdue signature

Information for International Graduate Students

Before being appointed to a teaching assistant position, a student must be certified by one of the accepted methods. Students should work with departmental liaisons to register and prepare for the Oral English Proficiency Test (OEPT), and, if necessary, enroll in English 62000: "Classroom Communication for International Graduate Students."

Students who would like ESL instruction are also encouraged to make use of campus and community resources.