Span Plan Scholarships for Undergraduate Students
Span Plan Adult Student Services offer four annual scholarships for adult nontraditional undergraduate students.
- The scholarships are administered during the spring semester and applied the following academic year, 50% awarded in the fall and the remaining 50% in the spring semesters.
- The deadline for each scholarship is March 1.
- Other than the Ewing Scholarship, each requires writing a personal essay, requesting one letter of recommendations, and filing a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) or EFC (Expected Family Contribution) for the current academic year at least several weeks before the scholarship application deadline.
- All awards are a minimum of $1000.
- Click here to access the online application for all of the scholarships. You will need to login using your Purdue login and password. Please place onepurdue\ in front of your login.
- Hard copy applications are not available.
Helen B. Schleman Scholarship
This scholarship is named for the founder of the Span Plan Program. Applicants must have a 2.2 GPA, maintain enrollment of 6 credit hours during each the fall and spring semesters. The applicant must also submit an essay and request a letter of recommendation. This scholarship may be renewed if the recipient is continually enrolled in at least 6 credit hours, receives a minimum GPA of 2.2, and maintains high standards of conduct consistent with the student code of conduct at Purdue University.
Peggy Sullivan Achievement Award
This award is named for a former Assistant Dean and Director of Span Plan. Applicants must have completed 12 credit hours at Purdue and be a full time (12 or more credit hours) continuing student with a GPA of 3.0 or above. The applicant must also submit an essay and request a letter of recommendation. Leadership, character, and achievement are considered.
Linda Hurd Ewing Memorial Scholarship
This scholarship is named for a former Associate Dean of Students who valued leadership, integrity, and the ability to communicate with all ages. Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 and must be nominated to be considered. Please direct your reference here for the nomination form.
Office of the Dean of Students Nontraditional Student Scholarship
This scholarship is open to degree and non-degree seeking nontraditional undergraduates. The minimum GPA requirement is 2.0. The applicant must also submit an essay and request a letter of recommendation.