Jump to other news and events
Purdue Dean of Students Logo
Facebook Twitter Google+ YouTube 

Getting Started


  • Purdue University Admissions
    This site provides information about the admissions process at Purdue for degree-seeking students (those wishing to choose a specific major). Adult students who are unsure of a major or who want to simply take a few classes can begin coursework at Purdue as non-degree seeking students through the Admissions Office. Non-degree seeking students are eligible to register for a variety of coursework and establish an academic transcript of classes completed at Purdue. Talk with a Span Plan counselor for further clarification between degree and non-degree seeking status.

  • Ivy Tech State College Lafayette
    Ivy Tech is a great option for adult students for many reasons. Classes are less expensive and offered at times that fit into busy schedules. Many courses offered at Ivy Tech can transfer to Purdue for credit (feel free to contact the Admissions office at Ivy Tech or a Span Plan counselor for more specific information about classes that transfer). Adult students who need a refresher course in math or English can benefit greatly from successfully completing classes at Ivy Tech and then building on that success at Purdue. 

Financial Aid

  • Span Plan Grants

  • Purdue Division of Financial Aid (DFA)
    This link can answer your questions about financial aid. Am I eligible for aid? How and when do I submit a financial aid application? Can I apply for scholarships and grants? Contact the financial aid office early to get your questions answered and to complete the required application materials by the March 1st deadline.

  • Fastweb (Scholarships and Grants)
    This is one of the best websites available for students who are interested in searching for scholarships and grants. You can enter specific information about you and your life situation and the site will match you to potential scholarships and grants. You can even request that new matches be emailed to you when they become available.

  • Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
    In order to be considered for financial aid at any college or university, students must first complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). You can complete the FAFSA on-line using this link or you can pick up the paper version in the financial aid office of any college or university. Purdue's financial aid office requires that this application be received by March 1st in order to receive top priority for available financial aid. The best rule of thumb is to complete the FAFSA as soon as possible.

    Note: It is recommended that you complete the FAFSA even before you have been officially admitted into school.

Community Resources


Area Schools