Span Plan Adult Student Services
Dorothy earned a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing from Indiana University Northwest in 1976, primarily as an adult nontraditional student, working full time and attending school part time for 7 years.
She managed a small retail family consumer electronics business for 20 years.
She returned to academia 17 years after completing her BS and earned a Master’s Degree in Education (Mental Health Counseling specialty) from Purdue Calumet in 1997.
Student Services at Purdue has been her vocational home since 1999. She started her career in student services as a graduate assistant. Dorothy currently coordinates services for the adult students program at Purdue University in West Lafayette. She also taught a Life and Career Planning course at Purdue for 8 years.
Dorothy has presented at local, state, regional and national conferences with topics such as:
- Reasons Student Give for Being Dropped
- Mindfulness in the Moment
- An Instructor’s Journey through Revising the Career Planning Class
- Coping Skills: Reacting versus Responding, Which is More Effective?
- Office of the Dean of Students: Students Home Away from Home
- Finding the “Magic Bullet” Inside of You; An Online & Student Driven Approach to Career Counseling
- Balancing Home, Work, College