Rental of Athletic Game and Activity Equipment
Student organizations interested in renting equipment such as dunk tanks, moonwalks, sumo wrestling suits, etc., need to abide by the following guidelines:
- The event must have appropriate approvals - either ODOS or residence hall management.
- Certificate of Insurance from rental company.
- If the rental company requires a hold harmless agreement, Risk Management must approve wording of that agreement. Please retain a copy of all signed agreements. (Please remember that any participant under the age of 18 will need a parent signature.)
- UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES can a Purdue faculty or staff member sign any waivers on behalf of Purdue and/or students who may use the equipment.
- A Purdue faculty or staff member must be in attendance at the activity. That person is responsible for seeing that waivers are signed before use of the equipment and for returning the waivers and equipment back to the rental company.
- Radiological and Environmental Management (REM) must be contacted to inspect the equipment after set-up and prior to use. Some activities may require the approval of the University's Fire Protection Engineer. REM can advise if that is the case.