The mission of the Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities is to work collaboratively to promote responsibility and good decision making and encourage honesty, integrity, and respect among Purdue University students.
- Work collaboratively with students, faculty, staff, campus departments, and community partners to create an environment that supports the academic mission of the University.
- Promote community citizenship, personal responsibility, and ethical behavior.
- Educate the community on and interpret the University Regulations and standards.
- Inform and advise students concerning individual rights as students and as community citizens.
- Serve as a resource for students, faculty, staff, parents, campus departments, and community partners concerning University Regulations and conflict resolution strategies.
- Provide referrals to appropriate University and community services.
- Review reports for alleged violations of the Purdue Student Code of Conduct.
- Administer student conduct cases as prescribed by the University Regulations.
- Determine appropriate educationally-based sanctions in accordance with the University Regulations.
- Provide presentations, publications, and other media to promote student learning and understanding of the University’s expectations for conduct and citizenship.
- Offer resources and training on conflict resolution strategies.
- Facilitate and assist students with the processing and handling of grievances and grade appeals.
- Assist faculty and staff members with understanding and supporting student rights within the university community.
The following publications are available online through the Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities. If you wuld like to obtain hard copies of these brochures, please contact our office at (765) 494-1250 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Academic Integrity: A Guide for Students
- Deterring and Detecting Academic Dishonesty: Suggestions for Faculty
- Managing Classroom Behavior
- Promoting Responsibility, Integrity, and Respect
- Responding to Academic Dishonesty: A Guide for Faculty
- Speech and Expression on Campus
- A Student's Guide to the Grade Appeal Process