The mission of the Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities (OSRR) is to promote responsibility and encourage honesty, integrity, and respect among Purdue students through education, compliance through behavioral standards, and support of individual rights. To sustain this mission we are committed to:
- Work collaboratively with students, faculty, and staff to create an ethical and safe environment in which scholarship may flourish.
- Promote good citizenship among students and administer conduct standards in a fair, respectful, and equitable manner.
- Disseminate and interpret University regulations and standards to students, faculty, parents, and the general community.
- Promote compliance with the spirit and intent of the Purdue Bill of Student Rights and University Code of Conduct.
- Serve as a resource and information agency for students, faculty, staff, parents and others concerning student rights and standards.
- Facilitate, with dignity, the resolution of concerns and disputes at the lowest level possible.
- Serve as an advocate for, and resource to, student victims of crimes, harassment, and other traumatic experiences.
- Guide students toward a greater sense of personal responsibility and mature and ethical behavior that enhances the quality of the University and community environment.
- Provide counseling and educational experiences to assist students in making appropriate choices concerning behavior.
- Review reports for alleged violations of the Purdue Student Code of Conduct.
- Administer student conduct cases as prescribed by the University Regulations.
- Determine appropriate educationally-based sanctions in accordance with the University Regulations.
- Provide presentations, publications, and other media to promote student learning and understanding of the University’s expectations for conduct and citizenship.
- Offer resources and training on conflict resolution strategies.
- Facilitate and assist students with the processing and handling of grievances and grade appeals.
- Assist faculty and staff members with understanding and supporting student rights within the university community.