Campus Deadline: September 1, 2016
Fields of Study: Open
Funding for: 1-3 years of graduate study at a univeristy in the United Kingdom
Begin Application: junior or senior year, recent grad or graduate student
The Marshall Scholarships finance up to 40 independent, wide-ranging students who have outstanding leadership potential and who wish to study for a graduate degree at any institution in the United Kingdom. The program seeks to encourage applicants’ personal and intellectual growth by fostering their understanding and appreciation of contemporary Britain, its relationship with the United States, and its role on the world stage.
- U.S. citizen
- GPA: 3.7/4.0 or higher
- Must not have studied for, nor hold a degree or degree-equivalent qualification, from a British university
- Intellectual distinction, strong motivation, and a mature character
- Rationale for pursuing your chosen program of study at a particular university in the U.K.
- Preparedness for rigorous, independent graduate study
- Potential to make a significant contribution to society and to one’s field of study
- Demonstrated leadership and community involvement
- Desire to act as a U.S. cultural ambassador to the U.K. and to understand the "special relationship" between the U.K. and U.S.
- Online application, including 5 short written components:
- 1,000 word Personal Statement
- 500 word Proposed Academic Programme essay
- 500 word Post-Scholarship Plan essay
- 500 word Leadership essay
- 500 word Ambassador Potential Essay
- Certified transcript (or transcripts)
- Four letters of recommendation
All applicants MUST be nominated by their college or university. As such, Purdue applicants are reviewed by an internal committee who will identify nominees.
Detailed campus application information is provided directly to applicants once they declare their intention to apply.
- Major Scholarships NISO Coordinates
- Astronaut Scholarship
- Beinecke Scholarship
- Boren Scholarship
- Boren STEM Initiative
- Churchill Scholarship
- Fulbright U.S. Student Program
- Gilman Scholarship
- Gates Cambridge Scholarship
- Barry M. Goldwater Scholarship
- Marshall Scholarship
- George J. Mitchell Scholarship
- Rhodes Scholarship
- Schwarzman Scholars Program
- Harry S. Truman Scholarship
- Udall Scholarship