February 16, 2016
Meeting, trade show set for Indiana and Michigan produce farmers
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. - Vegetable and fruit growers in northern Indiana and southern Michigan will have the opportunity to hear Purdue University specialists speak and to visit an industry trade show.
The Michiana Vegetables and Fruit Growers Meeting will be held from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on March 9 at the Elkhart County Community Center, 17746 County Road 34, Goshen. The event is sponsored by Purdue Extension.
* Dan Egel, Purdue University regional integrated pest management specialist in plant pathology.
* Ricky Foster, Purdue entomologist specializing in pest management in fruit and vegetables.
* Scott Monroe, food safety Extension educator.
* Jeff Burbrink, agriculture and natural resources Extension educator in Elkhart County.
* Petrus Langenhoven, Purdue horticulture and hydroponics crop specialist.
* Liz Maynard, Purdue Extension vegetable specialist.
This program also counts as a meeting for private pesticide or private fertilizer applicators.
Registration fee is $30, with an additional $10 for those who are applying for private applicator certification. To register, contact Jeff Burbrink by March 2 at firstname.lastname@example.org or 574-533-0554.
Writer: Megan Tarter, email@example.com, 765-496-6734
Source: Kelly Heckaman, firstname.lastname@example.org, 574-372-2304