Purdue Extension to host dairy nutrition update
December 8, 2015
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. – Purdue Extension will be the host of a dairy nutrition workshop focused on helping dairy cattle producers learn about the updates in nutrition made this year.
The workshop will be 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Dec. 15 in the ECCC-Martin Room at the Elkhart County Fairgrounds, 17746 County Road 34, Suite E, Goshen.
The workshop's topics and speakers:
* Noah Litherland, Vita Plus Corp.: "Steps Toward a More Mature GI Tract in Your Heifer Calves."
* Katy Proudfoot, Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine: "Cow Comfort for the Transition Cow."
* Maurice Eastridge, Ohio State University Department of Animal Sciences: "Managing Feed Costs."
* Brittany Casperson, graduate student in animal sciences at Purdue: "Making Something Out of Nothing: Stretching Your Forage Supply."
* Randy Shaver, University of Wisconsin Department of Dairy Science: "What's New with Corn Silage, the 'King of Forages?'"
Reservations are requested by Dec. 11. The cost is $15 and includes lunch and handouts.
For more information or registration forms visit http://bit.ly/1OuARbb.
All forms should be mailed to Purdue Extension Elkhart County, 17746 County Road Suite E., Goshen, IN, 46528.
For more information, call the Elkhart County Extension Office at 574-533-0554 or contact Purdue Extension educator Robert Kelly, email@example.com, or Nancy Borkholder, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Writer: Chelsea Clodfelder, 765-494-2722, email@example.com
Source: Kelly Heckaman, 574-372-2340, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ag Communications: (765) 494-2722;
Keith Robinson, email@example.com
Agriculture News Page