Marriott Foundation sponsors inaugural Hospitality and Tourism Management speaker series
September 10, 2014
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. — Purdue University's School of Hospitality and Tourism Management has announced the new J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott Foundation Executive in the Classroom speaker series.
Marriott executive Liam Brown will give the first lecture Sept. 23 in Stewart Center's Loeb Playhouse. He is president of Marriott International Inc., U.S. and Canada division for select service and extended stay lodging, and owner and franchise services.
The Executive in the Classroom speaker series will bring to campus leaders in lodging, food service, event planning, conventions and other areas related to hospitality and tourism to address students and meet with faculty.
"We are grateful to the Marriott Foundation for its sponsorship of the Executive in the Classroom series," said Richard Ghiselli, head of HTM. "The series provides an enriching experience for all of our students, ranging from those just beginning their studies to those on the verge of launching their careers. The executives bring a different perspective and relevance into the classroom, benefiting students and faculty."
The talks will be from 10:30-11:20 a.m. All except Brown's will be in Electrical Engineering Building Room 129. They are free and open to the public as seating permits.
Speakers in addition to Brown are:
* Terry Dale, president and CEO, United States Tour Operators Association, Sept. 30.
* Aylwin Lewis, president and CEO, Potbelly Sandwich Works, Oct. 7.
* Bill Marler, food safety attorney and managing partner of Marler Clark, a food safety law firm, Oct. 21.
* Cynthia D'Aoust, chief operating officer, Meeting Professionals International, Nov. 4.
* Jeff Kmiec, president and managing director, The Greenbrier resort, Nov. 18.
Writer: Judith Barra Austin, 765-494-2432, email@example.com
Source: Richard Ghiselli, 765-496-2636, firstname.lastname@example.org