Aero and Astro students to talk with young alumni
August 20, 2014
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. — Purdue University's School of Aeronautics and Astronautics will host panel discussions Monday (Aug. 25) and Tuesday (Aug. 26) to bring together current students and young alumni.
The alumni are part of the inaugural group of Aeronautics and Astronautics' Young Professional Advisory Council. The alumni will meet with undergraduate students to answer questions about what lies ahead, how to excel, and any other concerns students might have.
YPAC members also will meet with faculty to provide feedback on curriculum matters.
"The alumni were chosen from various backgrounds to best cover a wide range of topics relating to aerospace careers and success in the field," said Steven Collicott, professor of aeronautics and astronautics who is organizing the YPAC. "We are encouraging AAE students to take advantage of this opportunity to meet young alums working in aeronautics and astronautics and learn how students can apply alums' experiences to their own professional growth."
All panel discussions will begin at 6:30 p.m. Monday topics are:
* The Year and Path Ahead of You in AAE (sophomores), Armstrong 1010.
* Performing Well in 300/400 Level AAE Classes (juniors), Physics 114.
* Finishing Strong and Moving On (seniors), Forney G140.
Tuesday topics are:
* Practical Advice on Transitioning to the Workplace: Culture, Communications, Expectations and More, Armstrong 1010.
* Choosing Electives, Design-Build-Test, Senior Design and Other Classes, Physics 114.
* What May Be Next: Industry, Government Labs, M.S., MBA, Distance Learning and More, Forney G140.
Writer: Judith Barra Austin, 765-494-2432, firstname.lastname@example.org
Source: Steven Collicott, 765-494-2339, email@example.com