Rueff Galleries features variety of shows in Spring 2014
January 28, 2014
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. — Works by students, faculty and guest artists will be featured in various exhibitions during the spring semester in Rueff Galleries.
The Patti and Rusty Rueff Galleries are located at Yue-Kong Pao Hall, 552 W. Wood St., West Lafayette, and are open 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, and until 7 p.m. on Thursdays. The exhibits are free and open to the public. Schedule updates and more information about the galleries are available at http://cla.purdue.edu/rueffgalleries, or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or 765-496-2958.
The Rueff Galleries also will host 1st Wednesdays @ Noon, a series of arts events presented by the Patti and Rusty Rueff School of Visual and Performing Arts in association with Piano Solutions of Indianapolis. On the first Wednesday of each month, a light lunch and artist lecture or performance will be provided in the Rueff Galleries at noon. Events are free and open to the public. For more information about these limited-seating events, please call 765-494-ARTS (765-494-2787).
The spring exhibits are:
* Through Friday (Jan. 31). West Gallery. Works on Paper from the Collection of Ralph Privoznik. Prints, drawings and paintings on loan from local artist and art collector, Ralph Privoznik.
* Through Friday (Jan. 31). East Gallery. Matt Woodward: Could Almost Hold It in My Hands Like an Egg of Air in the Water. Mixed media drawings by Chicago artist Matt Woodward. An artist talk and reception will take place 5 p.m. Friday (Jan. 31).
* Feb. 3-21. West Gallery. Benjamin Rogers: On the Vanguard of Grand Delusion
Paintings by Minneapolis artist Benjamin Rogers. An artist talk and opening reception is 5p.m. on Monday (Feb. 3).
* Feb. 3-7. East Gallery. Inter Mix Performances. Recent work and research by faculty in the division of dance at the Patti and Rusty Rueff School of Visual and Performing Arts at Purdue. There will be live performances daily 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
* Feb. 24-March 7. East and West Galleries. Art and Design Undergraduate Exhibition. Juried exhibition of work done by students in the department of art and design at the Patti and Rusty Rueff School of Visual and Performing Arts at Purdue.
* March 10-14. West Gallery. Dan Bollock: The Beginning and the End … Table. Recent furniture work by local woodworker and Purdue staff member Dan Bollock.
* March 10-14. East Gallery. Benjamin Burch: Clutchdog or Retread – the Art of Animation. Guest animator and illustrator Benjamin Burch premieres his film "Clutchdog or Retread: Tales of the American Road" in an exhibition that not only presents his work but also reveals his process.
* March 22-28. East and West Galleries. Interior Design Senior Show. An exhibition featuring the projects of Purdue seniors in Interior Design.
* March 31-April 4. East and West Galleries. Industrial Design Senior Show. This annual exhibition features capstone projects by Purdue’s seniors in Industrial Design, while also highlighting strong projects by sophomores and juniors in the program.
* April 7-11. West Gallery. On the Verge: A Jefferson High School A.P. Art Student Exhibition. Organized by Purdue alumna and Lafayette Jefferson High School art teacher Mara Battiste.
* April 7-11. East Gallery. Argelia Hernández: The Sun Is Different. Conversations in a Community Garden. A solo exhibition by Purdue MFA candidate Argelia Hernández. A gallery talk is noon on April 10 and a reception is 5-7 p.m. on April 11.
* April 14-18. West Gallery. Exhibition by MFA candidate in electronic and time-based art, Paul McCormick.
* April 14-18. West Gallery. Exhibition by MFA candidate in drawing, Sagan Newham.
* April 21-May 2. East and West Galleries. Fine Arts Senior Show. Annual exhibition featuring work by Purdue seniors in the area of fine arts in the department of art and design in the Patti and Rusty Rueff School of Visual and Performing Arts.
* May 5-16. East and West Galleries. Photography Senior Show. Annual exhibition featuring work by seniors in the area of photography in the department of art and design in the Patti and Rusty Rueff School of Visual and Performing Arts at Purdue.
Writer: Amy Patterson Neubert, 765-494-9723, email@example.com
Source: Liz Erlewine, 765-496-2958, firstname.lastname@example.org
Note to Journalists: Journalists interested in exhibit photographs or information can contact Liz Erlewine, Rueff Galleries coordinator, at 765-496-2958, email@example.com