Variety of resources can help employees through benefits open enrollment
October 30, 2015
Open enrollment offers employees their once-a-year opportunity to make changes to their benefits packages. Human Resources and the companies that administer Purdue's benefits offer a number of tools and resources to help employees understand their benefit options and make informed choices for 2016.
* Purdue University’s designated 2016 open enrollment website. This site includes detailed enrollment information, medical information, prescription information and more -- all in one convenient location. To access the live presentations and walk-in labs schedules and recorded presentations directly, follow the links below.
-- Live presentations and walk-in labs
-- Recorded presentations: Employees who are unable to attend a live presentation or who want to review the information again can access recorded presentations around-the-clock.
* PayFlex’s HealthHub website: This site offers general information about flexible spending accounts and health savings accounts, including a calculator to help employees figure how much to put into an account and information about eligible and ineligible expenses. Employees who have a PayFlex account can register to use additional services through the website.
* Interactive HSA guide: This tool is available to answer questions an employee may have about whether or not he or she is eligible to participate in an HSA and what expenses are considered eligible for HSA funds to be used.
“This tool is especially helpful for employees who have spouses on employer plans and are coordinating what accounts are available to them, and also for those individuals who are 65 and over or will turn 65 during the 2016 calendar year,” says Eva Nodine, director of benefits in Human Resources. “Special rules apply to these groups in order to comply with IRS regulations. The tool helps simplify this complicated topic.”
* One-on-one universal life or critical illness appointments with a certified counselor: Call 855-892-0068 to talk with a counselor or book an appointment. Counselors will be on site at the West Lafayette campus Nov. 4 and Nov. 5.
* Sample employee scenarios at URL here once ready: Review an example scenario for each of Purdue’s three 2016 medical plans.
* Dependent eligibility information: Review dependent eligibility rules for Purdue benefits. Rules vary depending on the benefit.
Open enrollment ends at 6 p.m. EST Nov. 13. No changes will be accepted after that time.
Contact Human Resources at 49-42222, firstname.lastname@example.org or www.purdue.edu/HRHelp for additional open enrollment assistance. Employees at Calumet, Fort Wayne and North Central may contact their campus HR offices.