Don’t delay, take advantage of available open enrollment resources
November 3, 2015
The deadline to enroll in 2016 benefits is 6 p.m. ET Nov. 13, but Human Resources is encouraging faculty and staff to enroll early. Enrolling sooner rather than later will allow employees to avoid high traffic on the online enrollment system, resulting in faster service.
Numerous resources are available for faculty and staff seeking benefits enrollment assistance.
* Visit the dedicated open enrollment website for detailed information and links to helpful tools regarding all aspects of open enrollment.
* For specific enrollment inquiries, you may send a request via www.purdue.edu/HRHelp. The HR Help tool offers a secure means to send your requests and provides the best way for Human Resources to track and manage online requests for assistance.
* Questions also may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Face-to-face assistance this week
* Nov. 4 (Wed) -- Open enrollment walk-in lab, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Freehafer Hall, Room 1-5.
* Nov. 5 (Th) -- Open enrollment walk-in lab, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Freehafer Hall, Room 1-5.
* Nov. 5 (Th) -- Open enrollment walk-in lab, 8 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Stanley Coulter Hall, Room 179.
* Nov. 6 (F) -- Open enrollment walk-in lab, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Freehafer Hall, Room 1-5.
* Nov. 6 (F) -- Open enrollment walk-in lab, 12:30-6:30 p.m. Stanley Coulter Hall, Room 283.
A complete list of labs and presentations can be found here.
* For information and assistance enrolling in voluntary benefits, call Steele Benefit Services at 855-892-0068. The call center is open 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. (ET) Monday through Friday. Interested employees may enroll in accident insurance online during open enrollment, and enroll in critical illness and universal life via phone appointment with Steele Benefit Services.
* For assistance with other enrollment-related information, contact Human Resources at 49-42222.
Keep in mind that no changes to benefit selections will be accepted after 6 p.m. ET Nov. 13 unless there is a qualifying life event (change in family status). The next opportunity to update employee benefits will be during next year’s open enrollment period.