Events to highlight Graduate Student Appreciation Week on April 7-13
April 4, 2014
Purdue Graduate Student Government is planning several events April 7-13 to celebrate Graduate Student Appreciation Week.
Buttons have been purchased for all graduate students, who are asked to wear them to raise awareness of their presence. The buttons, which will be distributed to graduate students at Monday's kickoff event (details below), will give graduate students access to the events as well as discounts from some local businesses.
The events, unless indicated otherwise, are intended only for graduate students. Events include:
Monday (April 7)
* Kickoff and Activity Fair -- 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Academy Park. Graduate students may visit with graduate student organizations and pick up their Graduate Student Appreciation Week button.
* Cultural Fair -- 4-8 p.m. Dauch Alumni Center, Prusiecki Banquet Room. Experience the diversity of Purdue's graduate population as they share the food and culture of their home nations.
Tuesday (April 8)* Free doughnuts and coffee for graduate students. 8:30-11 a.m. Smith Hall, east lawn.
* Health and Nutrition Seminar. 2-3 p.m. Mechanical Engineering Building, Room 1009. Students from the Department of Nutrition Science will present a series of mini-seminars and activities discussing health and nutrition. Cookies and beverages will be provided.
Wednesday (April 9)
* Free bagels and coffee for graduate students. 8:30-11 a.m. Mathematical Sciences Building breezeway.
* Faculty Panel and Graduate Student Excellence Awards. 5:30-7 p.m. Matthews Hall, Room 210. Professors will discuss their (mis)adventures in graduate school and beyond. Free Chipotle provided.
Thursday (April 10)
* Free doughnuts and coffee for graduate students. 8:30-11 a.m. Academy Park.
* Citation Management Seminar. Noon-1 p.m. Rawls Hall, Room 2082. Staff from Purdue University Libraries will discuss effective tips and tools for citation management. Lunch will be provided.
Friday (April 11)
* Free bagels and coffee for graduate students. 8:30-11 a.m. Purdue Mall near Materials and Electrical Engineering Building.
* Spring Picnic and Grad Olympics. 5-8 p.m. Near Purdue Bell Tower. All graduate students and their families are welcome to enjoy free food and fun at the Spring Picnic, sponsored by Purdue Federal Credit Union. Following the picnic, teams will participate in the Grad Olympics.
Sunday (April 13)
* Easter Egg Dash 5K Run/Walk. 3 p.m. Starting at Slayter Hill. Graduate students and faculty are invited to take part in PGSG's Easter-themed 5K run/walk to fund travel grants for graduate students. Race only: $5. Race plus T-shirt: $30. To register: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1wgXu2pF_2wmU6oppOK7WQ79A7gr_nI4iZJRZDLZvxW0/viewform.
More information is available at http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~pgsg/uncategorized/2014/04/01/2014-graduate-student-appreciation-week.