October 10, 2013
Cultivating mentoring relationships to be lunchtime discussion topic
Faculty, staff and students are invited to a Wednesday (Oct. 16) lunch-hour discussion titled "Mentoring: Cultivating Relationships" and led by three faculty experts.
Attendees at the session, set for noon-1 p.m. in Pfendler Hall, Room 241 (Deans Auditorium), are welcome to bring their lunch. The event is part of the Invited Lecture Series by Mentoring @ Purdue, a program of the College of Agriculture aiming to improve graduate education by strengthening mentoring relationships.
Facilitators for this event will be:
* Linda Mason, associate dean of the Graduate School and professor of entomology.
* Linda Prokopy, associate professor of forestry and natural resources.
* Mark Tucker, coordinator of the Agricultural Communication Program and professor of youth development and agricultural education.
Topics for the discussion will be:
* Meeting and approaching potential mentors.
* Developing mentoring relationships.
* Developing a mentoring team.
* Selecting mentors inside and outside of your department or academic area of interest.