October 28, 2013
Benefits open enrollment begins today
Faculty and staff may enroll in 2014 benefits beginning today (Oct. 28) and ending at 6 p.m. (ET) Nov. 15.
New medical plan options and significant changes in medical premiums make it important for everyone to consider their options carefully for next year and enroll by the deadline.
Beginning this year, employees will use their Purdue career account username and password to log in to EBenefits, Purdue's online benefits system.
Employees will go to the Purdue Employee Portal at www.purdue.edu/employeeportal, click the EBenefits link at the top of the page and then enter their Purdue username and password to access the EBenefits site. Following the "Click here to begin 2014 enrollment" link in the middle of the page will let the employee view benefit information and begin the enrollment process.
Employees who do not know their Purdue career account username or password may call the service number for their campus: * West Lafayette: 765-494-4000
* Calumet: 219-989-2888
* Fort Wayne: 260-481-6030
* North Central: 219-785-5511
Employees have a variety of resources to help them as they make decisions and enroll:
* Benefits open enrollment guide, dropped in campus mail today (Oct. 28).
* Purdue Benefits website at www.purdue.edu/benefits/enroll.html.
* Daily opportunities to attend a walk-in lab or a presentation. Offerings are listed in the enrollment guide, on the Benefits website and in "Today's enrollment events" in Purdue Today.
* Truven Informed Enrollment tool that uses the employee's claims history from April 2012-March 2013 to estimate the employee's total cost under each 2014 medical option. Estimates include premiums, deductibles and coinsurance.
* Castlight to review claims history and check health care pricing. Go to www.purdue.edu/castlight.