Purdue opens Veterans Success Center
July 11, 2013
Purdue has opened the Veterans Success Center to provide one-stop access to benefits and programming for military veterans, military personnel, and benefit-using family members.
The center, located in Engineering Administration Building, Room 402, will provide the following services:
* Consult on and process GI Bill benefits.
* Assist with military tuition assistance and National Guard Supplemental Grants.
* Serve as an advocate for students.
* Help students connect with needed services on and off campus.
* Provide an open study space available from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday.
* Provide access to and meeting space for the Purdue Student Veterans Organization.
* Coordinate access to local, regional, and federal agencies related to veterans services and benefits.
* Provide access to the Veterans Mentoring Program.
* Assist with VA Work Study opportunities.
The center also will offer Green Zone Training for faculty and staff to raise awareness regarding the military and veteran experience and how that experience is carried onto a college campus.
The following professional staff will be part of the VSC:
* Jamie Richards, director of the Veterans Success Center and coordinator of the Military Veteran and Nontraditional Student Programs.
* Teresa Harris, veterans administration certifying official.
* Sarah Underwood, veterans administration certifying official.