Availability of bicycle parking on the academic campus
August 21, 2013
According to semiannual bicycle counts, the two most heavily used bicycle parking locations on campus are between the Electrical Engineering Building and the Mechanical Engineering Building and in Founders Park between Beering Hall and Matthews Hall.
Although available parking in these locations may be limited during peak hours, the following locations tend to have more available bicycle parking:
* Along the service drive that runs between the Physics Building and Forney Hall and then Neil Armstrong Hall of Engineering and Hampton Hall of Civil Engineering.
* Between the Materials and Electrical Engineering Building and the Electrical Engineering Building.
* The south corner of the Electrical Engineering Building.
* Between the Michael Golden Engineering Laboratories and Shops and Knoy Hall of Technology.
* East of the Nuclear Engineering Building.
* North of Stanley Coulter Hall.
* Along Third Street south of the Armory.As with vehicle parking, bicycle parking may not be available immediately adjacent to a rider's destination, but there is an adequate number of parking locations for the number of bicycles on campus.