Employees now need PIN for PayFlex debit cards

April 2, 2013  

Employees who have a PayFlex debit card for a flexible spending account (FSA) or health savings account (HSA) need to get a personal identification number (PIN) to ensure they can still use their cards.

Before April 1, those using a PayFlex card needed to choose "credit" when paying for an item or a service. Now, debit cards may be used as "debit" or "credit." This change is part of the Durbin Amendment law, which reduces the amount that merchants have to pay for their credit card fees.

A merchant may require cardholders to choose "debit," instead of allowing them to choose "credit." Cardholders using "debit" will need a PIN to complete the debit transaction. This situation applies at any place that accepts a PayFlex card -- for example, pharmacies, doctor's offices, other health care locations and day care providers.

To get a PayFlex PIN, cardholders need to call Card Services at 888-999-0121. All family members with a card for the employee's account will use the same PIN.

For questions, contact the HR Service Center at 49-42222, hr@purdue.edu or www.purdue.edu/hrhelp.

Faculty-Staff News

More News

Purdue University, 610 Purdue Mall, West Lafayette, IN 47907, (765) 494-4600

© 2014-17 Purdue University | An equal access/equal opportunity university | Integrity Statement | Copyright Complaints | Brand Toolkit | Maintained by Marketing and Media

Trouble with this page? Disability-related accessibility issue? Please contact us at online@purdue.edu so we can help.