April 19, 2013
Center for Healthy Living portal offers online appointment scheduling and more
Faculty and staff can schedule Center for Healthy Living appointments online through the center's portal at https://purdue.opticonsite.com. Employees will sign on by using their Purdue career account and password.
"The portal adds convenience and new capabilities to help employees manage their health," says Mindy Paulet, the site services manager in Human Resources.
Employees can do the following through the portal:
* Schedule an appointment.
* Complete the intake form needed for their first visit at the center.
* Set up a health record to manage their personal health information and store documents.
* Create a portable health record that includes a wallet card containing selected information from the health record.
* Track and update blood sugar, blood pressure, body mass index, weight and cholesterol levels using interactive elements that graphically capture and track information in a snapshot format.
* Create and manage a list of current and past medications.
* Access tools, education materials, forms and interactive health management programs sponsored by the Center for Healthy Living.
Each time an employee signs on to the portal, a Data Sync Report box will appear. The data sync process checks for new information to report.
The portal meets HIPAA security requirements.Employees may continue to make appointments by phone, if they prefer. To make an appointment or get more information about the Center for Healthy Living portal, call the center at 49-40111.