March 14, 2013
Marketing and Media wins five national ad awards
Purdue's Office of Marketing and Media recently won five awards in the 28th annual Higher Education Advertising Awards competition, which is the largest educational advertising contest in the country.
The awards were announced March 1 and are sponsored by the Higher Education Marketing Report. The competition received nearly 3,000 entries from more than 1,000 colleges, universities and secondary schools from every state and several foreign countries.
Judges consisted of a national panel of higher education marketers, advertising creative directors, marketing and advertising professionals, and the Higher Education Marketing Report's editorial board.
Purdue received a gold award, a silver award, two bronze awards and a merit award. The awards are:
* A gold award for the Indiana State Fair ad in the Newspaper Single category.
* A silver award for the Dream Maker ad in the Magazine Single category.
* A bronze award for the Neil Armstrong memorial website in the Total PR Program category.
* A bronze award for the Life 360 magazine in the Publication External category.
* A merit award for the admissions search communications strip fan in the Direct Mail category.