Variety of resources can help employees in benefits enrollment
November 8, 2012
Human Resources and the companies that administer Purdue's benefits offer a number of tools and resources to help employees understand their benefit options and make informed choices for 2013.
* PayFlex's HealthHub website at http://purdue.healthhub.com: The site offers general information about flexible spending accounts and health savings accounts. A calculator is available to help employees figure how much to put aside in an account and information about eligible and ineligible expenses is provided. Employees who have a PayFlex account can register to use additional services through the website.
* Live presentations and walk-in labs: See the schedules at www.purdue.edu/hr/Benefits/enroll.html.
* Recorded presentations: Employees who are unable to attend a live presentation or who want to review the information again can access recorded presentations around the clock. Find the link at www.purdue.edu/hr/Benefits/enroll.html.
* One-on-one universal life or critical illness appointments with a certified counselor: Call 855-892-6224 to talk with a counselor or book an appointment. Counselors will be on-site at the West Lafayette campus Nov. 9 and Nov. 16.
* Sample employee scenarios at www.purdue.edu/hr/Benefits/EmployeeMedicalExamples.html: See how Purdue's three 2013 medical plans work out for a diverse group of make-believe Purdue employees.
* Premium Difference Calculator at https://www2.itap.purdue.edu/bs/HRCalculators/BenefitsPlan2013/index.cfm: An online tool to calculate an employee's medical premium increase or decrease for 2013, depending on the medical plan option the employee chooses.
* Dependent eligibility information at www.purdue.edu/hr/Benefits/eligible_dependents.html: Review dependent eligibility rules for Purdue benefits. Rules vary, depending on the benefit.
Open enrollment ends at midnight on Nov. 16. No changes will be accepted after that time.
* To enroll, certify tobacco-user status and list life insurance beneficiaries, go to www.ebenefits.com/purdue. To complete the enrollment process, employees will click the submit button, check the box to indicate they've read the enrollment notices, enter their initials and then click the submit button again.
* For more enrollment information, including schedules of presentations and walk-in labs, read the 2013 Enrollment Reference Guide or visit www.purdue.edu/hr/Benefits/enroll.html.* Contact Human Resources at 49-42222 or email@example.com for open enrollment assistance. Employees at Calumet, Fort Wayne and North Central may contact their campus HR offices.