November 1, 2012
Thanksgiving meals made easier with Dining Services
Dining Services at Purdue Memorial Union is providing some help for preparing Thanksgiving dinner this year.
The "Thanksgiving Meal Order," available through Nov. 16 for pickup Nov. 20 or 21, offers great choices to fit any situation and number. Patrons can order a turkey, complete meals or a la carte items including choice among five entrees, seven side dishes, five types of breads or rolls, four sweets/desserts, two party trays, dip and cider.
Some dining options:
* Complete meals are available to feed two, four or eight people, and include a choice among three entrees. Meals also include seven sides such as turkey gravy and dinner rolls.
* Vegetable or fruit trays are available as a light snacking option for before or after the big meal.
* The a la carte menu provides customers with a variety of choices for bringing a side to an event or for serving more dishes than kitchen space or time allows. Side dishes are all traditional favorites, including the Union's well-known "Kay's Sweet Potatoes."
* The Union Deluxe option provides the entire meal for eight to 10 people with 30 percent savings. This option includes a whole turkey, nine sides and a choice of a dessert.
* The option for increasing the quantity of orders allows for easy pre-planning for leftovers.
The Thanksgiving Meal Order is available online at www.union.purdue.edu/SelectDining. Customers may choose their items and quantities to suit their dining needs. The site is secure and accepts payment from Discover, Mastercard or Visa.
Orders will be available for pickup between 1 and 5 p.m. on Nov. 20 and from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Nov. 21 at the Oasis Cafe on the ground floor of the Union. When ordering, customers may select their preferred pickup time.