October 26, 2012
Old Masters available for classroom talks
Faculty can arrange to have a guest in the Old Masters program come to a class and share their experience Nov. 4-6.
The Old Masters program invites outstanding individuals to campus to share ideas and experiences with Purdue students.
Those who would like to host an Old Master for a classroom talk should email Mia Lunik and Brian Rivera at DayOMCC@gmail.com no later than 5 p.m. Monday (Oct. 29). Other questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
More about the Old Masters for 2012 and about the program is at www.purdueoldmasters.org.
Here is the list of Old Masters for 2012. Purdue degrees are indicated with degrees in parenthesis.
* JoAnn DiGennaro (B.A., speech education, 1965), president, Center for Excellence in Education.
* Deborah Grubbe (B.S., chemical engineering, 1977; honorary doctorate, engineering, 2010), chair, American Institute of Chemical Engineers Institute for Sustainability; president and owner, Operations and Safety Solutions, LLC.
* Nancy Lilly (BSPHA, 1978, College of Pharmacy): vice president of marketing, Emerging Market Business Unit, Eli Lilly and Company.
* Patrick Loehrer (B.S., mechanical engineering, 1975), director, IU Simon Cancer Center at Indiana University School of Medicine; associate dean for cancer research at Indiana University of Medicine.
* Jim Miller (B.S., aeronautical and astronautical engineering, 1986), vice president of worldwide operations, Google Inc.
* Lou Anne Nabhan (B.A., communications, 1977), vice president of corporate communications, Media General.
* Roland Parrish (B.S., industrial management, 1975; M.S., management, 1976), president, CEO, and owner of Parrish McDonald’s Restaurants Ltd.
* Chip Perfect (B.S., agricultural education, 1979), co-founder, co-owner, and president of Perfect North Slopes.
* Ramona Quintanilla (B.S., chemistry, 1986), senior scientist, Procter & Gamble Co.
The 2012 Honorary Old Master is Tom Turpin, Purdue professor of entomology, instruction development specialist and creator of Purdue's Bug Bowl.