Final wellness screening appointments of semester available
November 13, 2012
Wellness screening appointments with the School of Nursing are available through November.
* Nov. 13 (Tu), 16 (F) -- 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Johnson Hall of Nursing, Room B-5.
* Nov. 20 (Tu) -- 8:30-11:30 a.m. and 1:10-3:10 p.m. Young Hall, Room B-64.
* Nov. 27 (Tu) -- 8:30 a.m.-1:50 p.m. Ross Enterprise Center (1801 Kalberer Road), Room 130.
* Nov. 30 (F) -- 8:30-11:30 a.m. and 1:10-3:10 p.m. Freehafer Hall, Rooms 1-1 and 1-2.
WorkLife Programs provides these screenings for benefit-eligible faculty and staff and their spouses/same-sex domestic partners. Screenings include the finger stick for blood tests for total cholesterol, HDL, and glucose, height, weight, and blood pressure. Participants must bring their Purdue ID at the time of the screening.
Free screenings are limited to one per calendar year. For example, if an individual completed a screening in the spring of 2012, that person will wait until spring 2013 for the next appointment.
Annual screenings are an important part of prevention. Keeping track of health and knowing one's numbers for cholesterol, glucose and blood pressure are valuable steps, and participants are encouraged to share results with their health care provider.
Those being seen on a yearly basis by a health care provider who is monitoring blood pressure, cholesterol and glucose should continue those annual visits.
To schedule an appointment, visit www.purdue.edu/worklife and click "Register for classes," or call 49-45461.
For regional campus screening events, contact your campus program:
* Calumet: 219-989-2709, email@example.com.
* Fort Wayne: 260-481-6647, firstname.lastname@example.org.
* North Central: 219-785-5519, email@example.com.