Campus flu shot events begin; appointments available
October 10, 2012
Seasonal flu shot appointments provided by WorkLife Programs are now available on the West Lafayette campus. The vendor for these events is Maxim Health Systems.
Seasonal flu shots on campus are offered to benefit-eligible faculty and staff, graduate staff, official Purdue retirees, and their spouses/same-sex domestic partners. View a list of flu shot events on the West Lafayette campus at www.purdue.edu/hr/pdf/2012FacStaffFluShots.pdf.
To register for a seasonal flu shot appointment, go to www.purdue.edu/worklife, select "Register for classes," log in using your career account and password, and click "Flu Shots," or call WorkLife Programs at 49-45461. Please register for an appointment at least 24 hours in advance. Bring PUID to appointment.
All Purdue health plans cover the seasonal flu vaccine for employees and covered dependents; however, campus flu shot appointments are not available for children. See your health care provider to obtain a seasonal flu shot for your child.
Seasonal flu shots are also available at retail locations. To view a list, visit www.purdue.edu/hr/pdf/RetailLocations.pdf. Bring your CIGNA medical card to the retail location. It is suggested that you call ahead to verify vaccine availability at the retail location.
Beginning Nov. 5, Purdue University Student Health Center (PUSH) will provide seasonal flu shots based on vaccine availability on a walk-in basis. The Urgent Care Center on the ground floor of PUSH, 601 Stadium Mall Drive, will have flu shots available 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. There may be some wait time. Bring PUID.
For questions about flu shots on the West Lafayette campus, contact WorkLife Programs at 49-45461.
Regional campus flu shot events:
Calumet: 219-989-2709 or http://webs.purduecal.edu/wellness
* Oct. 10 (W). 3-6 p.m. Fitness/Recreation Center.
* Oct. 23 (T). 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Fitness/Recreation Center.
* Oct. 29 (M). 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Fitness/Recreation Center.
Fort Wayne: 260-481-6647 or www.ipfw.edu/health
* Oct. 17 (W). 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Walb Student Union, Ballroom.
* Oct. 23 (T). 3-7 p.m. Walb Student Union, Rooms 114-116.
* Oct. 31 (W). 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Kettler Hall, Room 226.
* Nov. 6 (T). 3-7 p.m. Kettler Hall, Room G98.
North Central: 219-785-5519 or www.pnc.edu/depts/HR/Wellness/wellness.htm
* Oct. 16 (T). 1-4 p.m. Library Student Faculty Building (LSF).
* Oct. 17 (W). 7-11 a.m. Library Student Faculty Building.
* Oct. 18 (Th). 7-11 a.m. Library Student Faculty Building.