5 Students Who Are Fun Makers
December 4, 2012
Lane Konkel, a senior in industrial engineering,
sure knows how to have fun. As president of the Paint Crew, she leads several
thousand boisterous basketball boosters and Boiler backers. Life, she says, is
about positive attitude. (Purdue University photo/Steven Yang)
All work and no play? No way. Boilermakers know how to have fun. We have spirit. Attitude. A zest for making the most out of life. Meet our 5 Students Who are Fun Makers.
The students featured are:
* Stephen Backus, a senior in wildlife from Fort Wayne, Ind. He spends his free time pushing people to the limits of fun as head facilitator at the Boiler Challenge Program ropes course.
* Brian Frankel, a senior in movement and sports sciences from Deerfield, Ill. Life is a ball for this Boilermaker, who has been officiating soccer games since age 12 and stays connected to the soccer field as a supervisor in intramural sports.
* Karlee Hepp, a senior in nursing from Fishers, Ind. She is targeting a career as a pediatric nurse and has found the perfect blend of fun and personal commitment as president of Purdue University Dance Marathon, a fundraiser for Riley Hospital for Children in Indianapolis.
* Lane Konkel, a senior in industrial engineering from Brookfield, Wis. No doubt about it, this leader of boisterous basketball boosters -- aka the Paint Crew -- knows how to have fun.
* Lloyd Taylor, a sophomore in industrial technology from Gary, Ind. Class clown? Caring soul? Life of the party? Yes, to all of that. Whether making music videos, working at Universal Studios, or emceeing Campus Outreach events, he is all about a positive attitude.The students' full profiles can be found at www.purdue.edu/fivestudents.