Wellness screenings available in September
September 4, 2012
Wellness screening appointments with the School of Nursing are available this fall.
* Sept. 5, 7, 11, 21 -- 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Johnson School of Nursing, Room B-5.
* Sept. 12 -- 8:10 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Johnson School of Nursing, Room B-5.
* Sept. 25 -- 8:30-11:30 a.m. and 1:10-3:10 p.m. Stewart Center, Room 214.
* Sept. 28 -- 8:30-11:30 a.m. and 1:10-3:10 p.m. Stewart Center, Room 302.
WorkLife Programs provides these screenings for benefit-eligible faculty and staff and their spouses/same-sex domestic partners. Screenings include the finger stick for blood tests for total cholesterol, HDL, and glucose, height, weight, and blood pressure. Participants must bring their Purdue ID at the time of the screening.
Free screenings are limited to one per calendar year. For example, if an individual completed a screening in the spring of 2012, that person will wait until spring 2013 for the next appointment.
Annual screenings are an important part of prevention. Keeping
track of health and knowing one's numbers for cholesterol, glucose and blood
pressure are valuable steps, and participants are encouraged to share results
with their health care provider.
Those being seen on a yearly basis by a health care provider who is monitoring blood pressure, cholesterol and glucose should continue those annual visits.
To schedule an appointment, visit www.purdue.edu/worklife and click "Register for classes," or call 49-45461.
For regional campus screening events, contact your campus program:
* Calumet: 219-989-2709, email@example.com.
* Fort Wayne: 260-481-6647, firstname.lastname@example.org.
* North Central: 219-785-5519, email@example.com.