Castlight health care shopping tool launches today
July 12, 2012
Purdue employees can
compare prices and read patient reviews for doctors and medical services
through Castlight. (Photo provided)
Purdue employees now can easily compare prices and read patient reviews for doctors and medical services through Castlight, a robust health care shopping tool launching today (July 12) at Purdue.
"Many of our employees want to become smarter health care consumers to save money for themselves and for the University," says Luis E. Lewin, vice president for human resources. "But it can be hard to find the information you need to really shop around for care."
Available via the Web and by phone, Castlight offers:
* Comparisons of doctors, facilities and services based on quality of care and price. Although not all medical services will have prices, the most common ones will, and Castlight will be adding more prices every month.
* Personalized cost estimates for health care services based on the employee's Purdue medical plan benefits, annual deductible status and selected geographic area. Castlight users may search, for example, in Lafayette, Indianapolis or the city where the employee's child attends college.
* Straightforward explanations of past medical spending so participants know how much they've paid and why.
Employees, spouses/same-sex domestic partners and adult dependents covered by a Purdue medical plan can claim their Castlight accounts now at www.purdue.edu/castlight. This site also offers a variety of resources to help participants get started, including:
* Demonstration videos.
* Links for downloading the Castlight mobile application for smartphones.
* The schedule of "Claim Your Castlight Account" sessions. During these optional sessions, participants will see a demonstration of Castlight's features and can claim their Castlight account through on-the-spot registration. Employees should bring their Purdue University ID (PUID) number to the session.
Castlight service by phone is available toll-free at 888-272-9572. The "Castlight Guides" reached through this phone number provide a full range of customer service, including comparison shopping information by phone and answers to any questions about the online service. Castlight Guides are available 8 a.m.-9 p.m. ET Monday through Friday.
Castlight Health is a trusted third party that connects directly to the participant's Purdue medical plan and does not share personal information with Purdue. Health information is always confidential and secure.
For more information, visit www.purdue.edu/castlight, attend a Claim Your Castlight Account session or call a Castlight Guide at 888-272-9572.