Old Masters selected for November visit
The Old Masters program, which invites outstanding individuals to campus to share ideas and experiences with Purdue students, has announced this year's Old Masters.
Old Masters will be on campus Nov. 4-6, when they will participate in classroom talks, student organization receptions, and social activities.
Those who would like to host an Old Master for a classroom talk should fill out a classroom
talk request form at www.purdueoldmasters.org. To schedule a dinner or reception with an Old Master, email the evening events co-chairs at EveningOMCC@gmail.com. Questions about the program may be sent to email@example.com.
Here is the list of Old Masters for 2012. Purdue degrees are indicated with degrees in parenthesis.
* JoAnn DiGennaro (B.A., speech education, 1965), president, Center for Excellence in Education.
* Jim Everett (B.S., industrial management, 1985), former NFL quarterback; founder, Jim Everett Company.
* Deborah Grubbe (B.S., chemical engineering, 1977; honorary doctorate, engineering, 2010), chair, American Institute of Chemical Engineers Institute for Sustainability; president and owner, Operations and Safety Solutions, LLC.
* Jen Lancaster (B.A., political science, 1996), New York Times best-selling author.
* Patrick Loehrer (B.S., mechanical engineering, 1975), director, IU Simon Cancer Center at Indiana University School of Medicine; associate dean for cancer research at Indiana University of Medicine.
* Jim Miller (B.S., aeronautical and astronautical engineering, 1986), vice president of worldwide operations, Google Inc.
* Lou Anne Nabhan (B.A., communications, 1977), vice president of corporate communications, Media General.
* Roland Parrish (B.S., industrial management, 1975; M.S., management, 1976), president, CEO, and owner of Parrish McDonald’s Restaurants Ltd.
* Chip Perfect (B.S., agricultural education, 1979), co-founder, co-owner, and president of Perfect North Slopes.
* Ramona Quintanilla (B.S., chemistry, 1986), senior scientist, Procter & Gamble Co.