Purdue highlighted in Indiana's Top 100 list
Purdue and Purdue Research Park have snagged six spots -- the most of any Indiana educational institution -- in an Indiana Economic Development Corp. list of the Top 100 reasons Indiana is a good place for business.
The project is a 100-day social media campaign by the IEDC to let entrepreneurs, business leaders and angel investors across the country know that Indiana "works" for business.
Purdue's Top 100 highlights, as written by IEDC, are:
* Shhh! We're incubating. The Purdue Research Park is the largest university-affiliated incubation complex in the country.
* Indiana is workforce ready! A Wall Street Journal survey of corporate recruiters ranks Purdue University 4th in the nation in preparing its students for the workforce.
* Before she made aviation history … Amelia Earhart was a faculty member at Purdue University.
* Bienvenue! Willkommen! Konichiwa! Purdue University boasts the second largest international student population among all U.S. public universities.
* Our supercomputer is faster than your supercomputer. Okay, it's actually Purdue University's supercomputer, and it is truly the fastest campus supercomputer in the country.
* Tomorrow's business leaders are studying in Indiana today. The state is home to four Top 50 business schools -- Notre Dame University, Indiana University, Purdue University and Butler University.
For more information, visit the Indiana Economic Development Corp. Facebook site at www.facebook.com/pages/Indiana-Economic-Development-Corporation/237380089651994.
The full Top 100 reasons list is listed at www.100reasonsindiana.com/index.html.