5 Students Who are Trail Makers
Anne Iovinelli, a senior in elementary education from Lisle, Ill., spearheaded Mortar Board’s community service program Reading is Leading to teach kids about college life. (Purdue University photo/Andrew Hancock)
Be the change you want to see. Easy to say -- harder to do. Meet five graduating seniors who came to Purdue to get an education and along the way seized opportunities to make a difference. From student government to the Indiana Statehouse to the local community, these Boilermakers blaze a trail to inspire others to action.
The students featured are:
* Jacqueline Borchert , a senior in linguistics from West Lafayette.
* Nicholas Goldsmith, a senior in plant biology from Frankfort, Ind.
* Keith Hanson, a senior in biomedical engineering from West Lafayette.
* Brett Highley, a senior in political science from McCordsville, Ind.
* Anne Iovinelli, a senior in elementary education from Lisle, Ill.
The students' full profiles can be found at www.purdue.edu/fivestudents.
The "5 Students Who …" website also has links to past categories including "5 Students Who are Opportunity Makers," "5 Students Who are Spirit Makers," "5 Students who are Example Makers," "5 Students Who are Music Makers," "5 Students Who are Change Makers" and "5 Students Who are New Venture Makers."