2012 Library Scholars Grant recipients announced
Purdue University Libraries has awarded three faculty members the 2012 Library Scholars Grant. In addition, the 2011 grant recipients will present their research in April.
The Library Scholars Grant supports recipients' research and allows access to unique collections of information around the country and the world.
The 2012 recipients are Lisa Banu, assistant professor of design history; Jennifer Foray, assistant professor of history; and Stacy Holden, associate professor of history. More on the recipients is available at http://blogs.lib.purdue.edu/news/2012/04/04/2012-library-scholars-grant-recipients-announced.
The 2011 Library Scholars Grant recipients will be present their research from 10 to 11 a.m. Tuesday (April 17) and 1:30 to 3 p.m. April 18 in Stewart Center, Humanities, Social Science and Education Library, Swaim Instruction Center.
The April 17 presenters are:
* Ahmed Idrissi Alami, assistant professor of Arabic in the School of Languages and Cultures. "Tradition and Modernity in the Arab World."
* Robin Adams, associate professor of engineering education. "Apollo Lunar Module: How a Complex and Novel Design Project Evolved over Time and Across Perspectives."
The April 18 presenters are:
* Kendall Leon, assistant professor of English. "Chicana Rhetoric, Community and Professional Writing Studies."
* Rebecca Bryant, assistant professor of visual and performing arts. "Improvisational Dance Performances and the Performers' Use of Space and Time."
* Jeffrey Turco, assistant professor of German in the School of Languages and Cultures. "Medieval German and Scandinavian Literature/Modern Reception of Medieval Culture."