Campus Fit Club: Team up for exercise, weight loss
A personalized exercise program in a small-group setting, modeled after popular TV shows such as "The Biggest Loser," is available starting June 18 from the Division of Recreational Sports. Registration opens today (June 4) and continues through June 13.
Teams of three to six friends are encouraged to join Campus Fit Club 2012 to exercise and lose weight, as well as support each other along the way. Rec Sports personal trainers will develop personalized fitness plans for use during the six-week program June 18-July 27 and beyond.
The program is open to faculty and staff with a DRS membership, as well as Purdue students. For those who are not DRS members already, a summer membership is $40 for faculty and staff, $25 for part-time students, and $90 for alumni and spouses. Full-time students are automatically summer members.
The program cost is $90 per person.
Each participant in Campus Fit Club receives:
* 12 Group Personal Training sessions (two sessions/week).
* A customized fitness program that will extend beyond the six-week program.
* Weekly educational and motivational updates from program staff.
* Constant support from your personal trainer and team.
* A Fit Club "punch card" to track progress toward personal goals.
* A fitness assessment at the beginning and end of the program.
To register, visit DRS member services at the TREC (Turf Recreation Exercise Center) or the Rec Sports office in the basement of Shreve Hall. For questions, email Allison Becker at email@example.com or visit www.purdue.edu/recsports.