Thousands enjoy Spring Fling; thanks extended to volunteers
Several thousand faculty, staff and retirees enjoyed Spring Fling, the annual employee appreciation event held this year on May 17.
Entertainment, including karaoke, yard games and various activities, kept attendees engaged throughout the afternoon. Some enjoyed the sun, the fitness walk, the vehicle show and bingo, among other events.
More than 1,045 enjoyed the fitness walk and received a medal featuring the Old Oaken Bucket trophy, which is in Purdue's possession this year after the University's football victory over Indiana University.
The Ackerman Hills and Kampen golf courses hosted a total of 125 golfers.
Thirty vehicles were on display. This includes cars, trucks, motorcycles and special interest vehicles.
Carrie Hanson, training manager in Human Resources and chair of Spring Fling 2012, offers thanks to all of the individuals who volunteered to help make Spring Fling possible.
Thanks go to:
* All participants in the lawn games and the volleyball tournament, golf, the vehicle show, stepping dancing, fitness walk and the talent show.
* Staff from Housing and Food Services who prepared the food.
* Staff from Wiley Dining Court, Food Stores, and Meredith Hall who assisted in setup.
* Staff from Food Stores and Meredith Hall who delivered the food.
* Staff from the Earhart Dining Court who coordinated the distribution of soda and popcorn.
* Staff from Meredith Hall who coordinated the carryout from Meredith Hall.
* Staff from Hillenbrand Hall who set up the tents.
* Staff from Stewart Center who set up the tables & chairs for bingo.
* All staff and retirees who volunteered to serve food, soda, popcorn, and ice cream. Also those who volunteered to help set up and tear down.
* Staff from the University Residences Directors Office who coordinated the staff who volunteered.
* Physical Facilities grounds staff, who handled trash and recycling equipment, delivered and picked up tables and chairs, and set up informational signs.
* Physical Facilities staff from Materials Distribution Services who provided helium to fill the balloons.
* Physical Facilities staff who handled electrical needs.
* Physical Facilities Zone 2 for the loan of the zone cab.
* Members of the Purdue University Retirees Association, which sponsored the food drive.
* Staff, retirees, and members of the Wabash Wanderers who helped with the fitness walk.
* Clerical and Service Staff Advisory Committee members who distributed cups.
* Administrative and Professional Staff Advisory Committee members who coordinated bingo.
* Areas and departments that donated prizes for bingo.
* Thanks also to everyone who was able to donate blood and/or food this year.
* All members of the Spring Fling coordinating committee: Sally Baugues, University Residences Directors Office; Jeris Eikenberry, PURA; Michael Ellis, Meredith Residence Hall; Amanda Hamon, Office of Marketing and Media; Ed Keller, Purdue Extended Campus; Jon Laswell, APSAC; Evelyn Mercado, Graduate Staff; Marta Read, Purdue Extended Campus; Keene Red Elk, Purdue Police Department; Pat Russell, Human Resources; Amber Simons, Human Resources; Ed Wiercioch, APSAC; Sharon S. Williams, Human Resources; Sharon D. Williams, CSSAC; and Dan Winger, CSSAC.
Spring Fling door prize winners
Several faculty and staff were winners in the annual Spring Fling door prize drawings.
A list of prizes and winners of the prizes will be posted online at www.purdue.edu/springfling.