New tobacco cessation options available
Classroom, telephone and online tobacco cessation programs are now available for all campuses. Two new approved cessation options have become available: a phone program called the Indiana Tobacco Quitline, and an additional online program, the American Lung Association's Freedom From Smoking Online.
Registration for all programs is now available in WorkLife Programs' online registration system. After participants register, they can check on the details anytime under "My Enrollment." Participants completing an online or phone program will need to turn in a certificate of completion to their campus wellness program.
More information on approved cessation programs is available at www.purdue.edu/hr/WorkLife/tobaccoCessation.html or by contacting your campus program:
* West Lafayette: 765-494-5461, firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Calumet: 219-989-2709, email@example.com.
* Fort Wayne: 260-481-6647, firstname.lastname@example.org.
* North Central: 219-785-5519, email@example.com.
Regarding the tobacco-user additional premium, employees and spouses/same-sex domestic partners who have been non-tobacco users for at least 12 months must complete the tobacco user certification form at www.purdue.edu/hr/pdf/TobaccoUserCertification.pdf and submit it to Human Resources. The additional premium will be waived on Purdue payments that you receive during the rest of the calendar year, after allowing appropriate time for processing of the waiver.
Prior to being a non-tobacco user for 12 months, you can qualify for waiver of the additional premium by completing an approved tobacco cessation program. If you complete an approved tobacco cessation program by one of the dates below, your additional premium will be waived on all pay you receive in 2012 on or after the listed waiver date.
* Complete approved cessation program by May 30 and qualify for waiver of the additional premium beginning on July 1.
* Complete approved cessation program by Aug. 31 and qualify for waiver of the additional premium beginning on Oct. 1.
For more information on the tobacco-user additional premium, visit www.purdue.edu/benefits.