Events to celebrate faculty, teaching excellence by grad students
Faculty and graduate teaching assistants will be recognized at two celebratory events next week.
On April 25, graduate student teaching awards will be presented at the annual Celebration of Graduate Student Teaching Excellence at 5:30 p.m. at Ross-Ade Stadium's Shively Club. The event is being organized by Juan Velasquez and Chuck Krousgrill, co-chairs of the Committee for the Education of Teaching Assistants. Velasquez is assistant director for teaching assistant and curricular development at the Center for Instructional Excellence, and Krousgrill is professor of mechanical engineering and academic director for Engineering Professional Education.
On April 26, faculty teaching awardees, distinguished and named professors, and faculty who have received national and Purdue awards since last year's event will be honored at the Faculty Awards Convocation. The event, from 4:30 to 7 p.m. at Ross-Ade Stadium's Shively Club, is being coordinated by Steve Abel, associate vice provost for faculty affairs.
Both events are invitation-only.
Awards to outstanding students will be presented during their respective commencement ceremonies.
The following awards will be presented Wednesday at the annual Celebration of Graduate Student Teaching Excellence:
* Graduate School Excellence in Teaching Awards.
* CIE's graduate teaching certificates and advanced graduate teaching certificates.
* CETA teaching awards (Committee for the Education of Teaching Assistants).
Faculty awards and honors to be presented Thursday at the Faculty Awards Convocation include:
* The University's Charles B. Murphy Outstanding Undergraduate Teaching Awards.
* Class of 1922 Helping Students Learn Award.
* Committee on Institutional Cooperation's Academic Leadership Program fellows.
* Morrill Awards.
* Faculty Scholars.
* Fellowships for Study in a Second Discipline.
* Provost Fellows.
A full list of faculty and graduate student recognitions and honorees will be published following the events.