Deadline for Web accessibility status reports is April 1
The second round of Web accessibility status reporting is due April 1. Status reports must be submitted annually by each college, school, department, program or unit at Purdue to the director of the Office of Institutional Equity.
The report must summarize the efforts toward achieving and maintaining fully accessible Web pages as defined by the Web Accessibility Policy (www.purdue.edu/policies/information-technology/viic1.html). The efforts and accomplishments over the previous year and targets for the upcoming year must be reported at the lowest departmental, program or unit level possible.
In order to provide maximum flexibility to the campus community, the policy allows each unit to determine who is responsible for status reporting within their individual units. A Web-based status report form is available at https://marketing.purdue.edu/Accessibility.
Purdue's Web Accessibility Policy establishes minimum standards for the accessibility of Web-based information and services considered necessary to meet the goal of equal access to information for all of Purdue's constituencies and ensure compliance with applicable law.
All new and redesigned Web pages published by any University college, school, department, program or unit on or after March 15, 2010, shall conform to the United States Access Board's current accessibility standards for electronic and information technologies. Each college, school, department, program or unit of the University is responsible for determining which order to bring their legacy Web pages into compliance according to the following schedule:
1. The top 25 percent of legacy Web pages that are used most frequently (i.e., that get the largest number of hits) must be in compliance within one year of the effective date of this policy (March 15, 2011).
2. Pages required for participation, funding, disability-related services and other key pages needed by individuals with disabilities not already in the top 25 percent must also be in compliance within one year of the effective date of this policy (March 15, 2011).
3. Remaining legacy Web pages must be in compliance according to the following schedule:
• Next 25 percent by March 15, 2012 (50 percent of Web pages in compliance).
• Next 25 percent by March 15, 2013 (75 percent of Web pages in compliance).
• Next 25 percent by March 15, 2014 (100 percent of Web pages in compliance).
Those who have questions regarding the status report form or who need an alternate format of the status report form should contact the Office of Institutional Equity at firstname.lastname@example.org, 49-47253, or 49-41343 (TTY).