Procedures for daylight saving time
Daylight saving time begins at 2 a.m. this Sunday (March 11), meaning campus clocks will have to "spring ahead" this weekend.
Individual departments are reminded that they are responsible for changing clocks in their offices, research laboratories and departmental spaces. Buildings and Grounds staff will ensure that clocks in public areas and outdoor clocks are changed.
In addition to changing clocks, the time change means that non-exempt employees who work the third shift on this date will work one hour less than normally scheduled, unless otherwise specified by the employee's department.
The University will pay employees for the actual hours worked during this shift. If an employee requests the option of flexing the schedule, it is permissible as long as it is done within the same work week, it is at the employee's request, and the supervisor approves the request.
Employees on approved sick leave will be covered by the University's sick leave policy.
Supervisors and employees are encouraged to work together to meet both business and employee needs.
For more information, contact:
* Human Resources, Compensation: 49-43295.
* Housing and Food Services Human Resources: 49-49418.
* ITaP Human Resources: 49-62266.
* Physical Facilities Human Resources: 49-41421.
* Human Resources Department: 219-989-2254.
* Human Resources Department: 260-481-6677.
* Human Resources Department: 219-785-5300.